When I roam the blogosphere and see all my twitter friends being amazing and talented people, I wish I had the time and no day job to do what I love doing – design, photograph and film.
Tonight, I thought: let’s do a mini-session. I gave myself 10min to find props, set the scene and shoot! And here is the result. Nothing amazing but a start. But most importantly, it teaches me one thing or two.
- Have a concept. It’s hard to just pull props from around the house and hope it’ll just work.
- Take your time. No point trying to achieve grand things with only 10min – speed-shooting doesn’t necessarily bring inspiration
- Select your props and lay them out with the plan in mind.
- Choose a good location or a good time of day when you have plenty of natural light and no distracting background (oh I cannot wait for my home office to be revamped)
- Do it for yourself first. I love photography so it’s just fun to take the camera and shoot.
And maybe I should add: don’t be overly perfectionist or self-critical. I am not that bad!
Oh! And. I almost forgot. Keep your cats away from the set! Ah!… Enjoy.